When it comes to photo sharpness, it means removing blurry elements from your shots and improving details. When you find the images too blurry, you probably get disappointed and think that the shot is irretrievably ruined. But some images are unique and cannot be re-shot. In such cases, you need to process them and you’ll need photo sharpening software. One of the best choices in such a case would be Luminar Neo. This AI image-sharpening software offers unique photo-processing tools. In just a couple of clicks, you will achieve stunning results. This application is at the top of the best photo-sharpening software, but we suggest you look at each variant.
It’s hard to find an easy-to-use photo-sharpening program for beginners. This one boasts both ease-of-use and professional tools. WidsMob Retoucher has the following features:
- sharpening photos and removing noise;
- maintain image quality;
- extensive bonus tools such as portrait retouching;
- support for almost all image formats including RAW files.
With a large selection of all the necessary functions, as well as a simple and user-friendly interface, this software is definitely worth your attention!
Another great option for those looking for professional software would be Adobe Lightroom. The application has many interesting and powerful tools, including image sharpening, but to use all the features, you will have to pay a subscription. Here are some of the advantages of this software:
- a large selection of features for image processing at a professional level;
- compatibility with the most popular operating systems;
- improved and sharpened HD photos;
- large selection of filters for photos;
- synchronization with cloud storage.
If we talk about the disadvantages, it is worth mentioning again about the subscription, its cost is quite high. Also, there are limitations in sharing options.
GIMP is a free, open-source photo sharpening software. What’s more, it is as powerful as most pro photo editing tools. It comes with automatic instruments for enhancing the sharpness of the photos and many other features, such as noise reduction. In addition, it is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s take a look at the main advantages:
- free use with no restrictions;
- constant updates with new functions;
- support for all popular image formats;
- ability to customize and expand with plugins;
- enhancing the sharpness of photos automatically and manually.
As you can see, it is a really great option for processing your photos, opening all its features to you for free!
As the name suggests, Unshake is a specialized photo-sharpening application. If you’re a newcomer, it’s the best choice, as you won’t find many features in it. Another reason to try Unshake is that you don’t pay anything. It is also lightweight and works well on older PCs.
Despite its limited features and simplicity, the software has a number of features:
- small in size and takes up less space;
- easy to use and requires no technical skills;
- free access to all tools;
- supports JPG, GIF, and PNG formats;
- available for Windows 7 and earlier versions.
The disadvantages are the English-language interface without the possibility of translation, as well as the lack of support for new systems.
inPixio Photo Focus
The software is one of the best for sharpening images thanks to its simplicity and user-friendly features. The inPixio app is generally geared toward beginners. The interface is very simple and all the tool sets are clearly defined on the right side. Each instrument also has a tooltip if you hover over it, which is a great addition. Using the application is very easy. Just select the degree of sharpening with the top slider, then select the sharpening radius with the bottom slider and you’re done. Another great thing is that you can change the preview pane. This means that you can compare two photos and evaluate the effectiveness of the sharpening.
The main advantages of the application:
- easy to use, suitable not only for pros but also for beginners;
- an effective tool for sharpening, which allows you to compare the source with the result;
- all the necessary instruments for basic image processing are available.
One of the best options for sharpening photographs is Blurity. It is a specialized sharpening software, with both free and paid versions available. Users appreciate Blurity’s simple interface and the initial guide it gives. Be sure to read and follow this manual, as it explains how exactly to use the application. The first thing to do is to open the desired picture. Then select the area you want to be sharpened, that is, the area with noticeable blur. Once you have selected the area, click the proceed button. Doing this will allow the app to analyze the photo and apply the sharpening filter.
The main features of the application are:
- an intuitive interface;
- excellent for controlling motion blur;
- requires very minimal system resources.
Of course, each user has his own idea of the ideal image processing application, much depends on personal preferences, experience, and (un)willingness to spend money on paid software. In our article, we looked at different variants, among which you will definitely find the one that suits your needs. We wish you good luck and always clear images!